Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2013

EVE online - am I ready for another MMO

OK, so I haven't played an MMO since FML shut down. Thats over 2 years ago.
Unless you count something like Clash of Clans or Kingdom's of Camelot, which you surely can't!

So I saw articles about a 4000 person battle and a £9k real money ship being killed and thought there must be some hype. FML players know only too well that a 10 year+ game life must be something special.

I am downloading now and preparing to choose my race and style, I think I'm going to try mining and then who knows. Unfortunately smuggling isn't an option otherwise I'd be Hans Morgan and have a teddy bear called Chewbacca sat next to me... but enough of my Star Wars fantasy.

I don't really wan't to be a trader as I do enough math, negotiating and thinking at work.

In Ultimate Football Live development news we have reset the economy and are working on the primitive alpha economy. My thought is to start it really tight and then just encourage activity with mass inflation. Which will cause more spending and test infrastructure and  transfer stability more. I will tidy up the economy in the later alpha versions. But first thing is to get people doing the basics. Buying, selling, leagues and playing games.

OK more updates to come soon.

See you on the other side...

(I really need a kind of Space reference - To infinity and beyond..... I'll work on this for next time).

No comments:

Post a Comment